Column Search | ITSM Search Functionality
The Challenge: Finding Your Information
As organizations continue to grow, the amount of information stored in their databases increases exponentially. Without a fast and reliable method to access this data, it quickly becomes lost and forgotten, eliminating any possible return on investment. In addition, information can be scattered across multiple databases and platforms, making it nearly impossible to see anything that might be relevant at one time. Companies need a way to quickly search and access information across their entire network at a moment’s notice.
The Solution: Column Search
Column Search is a powerful, feature-rich full-text search engine that allows users to search multiple databases across your network. Built with Web 2.0 methodologies in mind, Column Search provides for an intuitive interface that provides speed, reliability and security. Leveraging the reliability and integration capabilities of the BMC Remedy ITSM platform, Column Search can be accessed in stand-alone mode from the web or through an embedded Remedy form. Searches can even be built into your existing workflow.
Column Search looks through your BMC Remedy ITSM database and any other integrated databases, displaying search results in a easy-to-read, user-friendly format. From the preview pane, users can access files or even associated Remedy records, opening them within the browser or the appropriate application.
Column Search offers capabilities that have not been available in any other Remedy tool. Some of the features of Column Search include:
- Search Anywhere – Look across the entire network, including:
- Key ITSM Forms
- CMDB Forms
- Remedy Forms
- Embedded attachments (MS Word, PDF, etc.,)
- External Databases (MS SQL, Oracles, etc.,)
- External Network Directories
- Preview – View previews and highlighted results before selecting the appropriate record or file.
- Filter – Filter search results by keyword to help refine existing searches without needing to rekey any information.
- Spell Check – Conduct additional refined searches based on automatic recommended spell checking of the search field.
- Security – Leverage existing user authentication or add a login function to limit information retrieved from searches. Users will only see search results for the files and records where they have access.
- Ease of Access – Run searches in a stand-alone version from the web or through an embedded Remedy form. Searches can even be integrated into existing workflow.
To learn how Column Search can improve performance while reducing costs and risk, you can contact a Column office, have Column contact you, or chat with a Column representative.