IT datacenters worldwide are overwhelmingly complex, with hundreds of different technologies and devices layered and entwined to deliver business services. Virtualization and cloud computing multiply this complexity, especially when there are outages or performance issues. IT operations management teams and administrators waste valuable time moving from one console to another, logging onto one element after another, trying to track down the data they need to ensure high performance and availability.
Splunk provides a better approach. It collects and indexes all the data generated by your IT infrastructure - your networks, server and guest OS, hypervisors, database audit trails, message queues. It works with any machine-generated data, including logs, file configurations, performance metrics, SNMP traps and custom application logs. And without the need for custom parsers or adapters. With Splunk you can turn silos of data into integrated, actionable information and operational insights.
Download Splunk for Free
Splunk is available to download for free. Your download automatically includes all of the Enterprise license features of our latest release, Splunk 4.3, for 60 days and allows you to index 500 megabytes of data per day. After 60 days, or anytime before then, you can convert to a perpetual Free license or purchase an Enterprise license to continue using the expanded functionality designed for multi-user Enterprise deployments.
Resolve Problems Faster, Reduce Downtime
- Gain end-to-end operational visibility across your virtualized, private or public cloud infrastructure from a single, central interface
- Find the root cause of problems up to 70% faster, without having to search through your systems,server by server or virtual machine by virtual machine
- Monitor your infrastructure in real time to prevent problems before they impact users, retain knowledge of recurring events to prevent outages
- Reduce escalations by up to 90% by providing Tier 1 support staff direct and secure access to the data they need to resolve issues the first time or to find the right team to work on problems
Correlate Events Across All Layers of Your Infrastructure
- Find the causal links between user noticeable performance issues or outages and underlying infrastructure events with the time based correlation provided by Splunk
- Combine real-time streaming data analysis with terabytes of historical data correlation and analysis to detect patterns that can help predict and prevent future outages or performance issues
- Persist 100% of your machine data from across every tier of your datacenter - physical servers, network and storage devices, hypervisors, virtual machines and applications, whether it is in your datacenter or in public clouds
- Monitor your environment for changes and correlate instantly to system performance deviations, availability problems or security and compliance issues
Reduce Costs of Providing IT Services
- Use the power and scalability of Splunk not only for IT operations management but also to support audits, compliance mandates, security forensics
- Reduce the number of tools and skills you need to maintain to manage your complex infrastructure
Run Splunk in your datacenter or in the cloud to monitor and manage your diverse infrastructure and application components such as:
- Cloud and Managed Service Providers
- Desktop Virtualization Management
- Server Virtualization Management
- Network Management
- Server Management
- Service Desk
- Change Monitoring
To learn how Splunk can deliver real-time visibility and insight to your organization, you can contact a Column office, have Column contact you, or chat with a Column representative.