Conventional business intelligence tools and data warehouses are designed for traditional business data. This data typically conforms to a data model, is structured and is stored in relational databases. Questions you may want to ask need to be understood ahead of time.
Splunk solves a different problem: collecting, indexing, and harnessing the enormous volume of machine data. Splunk has the unique ability to make sense of all types of machine data, structured or unstructured, and mash it up with other traditional business data for complete real-time visibility and operational intelligence.
From customer behaviors and usage statistics to security postures and operational analytics, Splunk has the flexibility to do any type of real-time and historical analysis, and the power to deliver custom views, reports, and dashboards to anyone in your organization.
Download Splunk for Free
Splunk is available to download for free. Your download automatically includes all of the Enterprise license features of our latest release, Splunk 4.3, for 60 days and allows you to index 500 megabytes of data per day. After 60 days, or anytime before then, you can convert to a perpetual Free license or purchase an Enterprise license to continue using the expanded functionality designed for multi-user Enterprise deployments.
Here are just some of the ways Splunk can deliver better visibility and intelligence to you and your organization:
- Web Analytics - Once viewed as primarily information of interest to marketing people for periodic trend reporting, data generated by your web-facing properties is proving to be extremely valuable to both IT operations and the business. With Splunk, you now have the means to get the answers you need in real time, even for sites generating terabytes of data a day.
- Revenue Optimization - The process of correlating online service ussage with revenue and billing information can be complex and tedious. With Splunk, you can connect new data sources in real time. Splunk has the flexibility to collect and index usage data and correlate this with external corporate data sources in days, so you can gain a real-time view of revenue, usage, trends and patterns of behavior.
- Transaction Analysis - A financial trade logically can travel from front to middle to back office to payments in its processing history. All the information about the trade's activity usually ends up in file after file on different servers. Splunk indexes all this data to enable you to search, report and create dashboards on it from a central console.
- Capacity Analysis and Planning - Capture billions of events from servers, networks, and devices. Determine utilization and trends. Then make budgetary decisions about the allocation of capital with Splunk summarization, analytics and reporting.
- Splunk and Big Data - With Splunk, there are no limits to scalability and no rigid schemas to limit flexibility. Index petabytes of data and extract valuable insights from it in real time to get complete pictures of user behavior, customer preferences, asset utilization and more.
To learn how Splunk can deliver real-time visibility and insight to your organization, you can contact a Column office, have Column contact you, or chat with a Column representative.