BMC Service Desk Express 9.8: Administering - Part 2
About BMC Service Desk Express 9.8: Administering - Part 2
In the BMC Service Desk Express 9.8: Administering – Part 2 course, experienced BMC Service Desk Express (BMC SDE) administrators expand their knowledge of business automation and learn how to maximize their return on investment in the BMC Service Desk Express Suite solution.
This course imparts the skills necessary to customize and automate tasks throughout BMC SDE. Topics include module customizations, BMC SDE database customizations, customization of server and client-side business rules, importing and exporting packages, and importing client data using the BMC SDE Integration Engine. Hands-on labs allow the participants to experience and experiment with the concepts presented in the class.
This course is part of the BMC Service Desk Express Learning Path.
- Perform database customizations
- Design custom modules
- Configure Business Automation
- Understand business automation syntax
- Create rules that perform multiple tasks
- Create escalation notifications
- Understand and manage the Job Queue
- Troubleshoot rules using the System Message Monitor
- Design and apply Business Rules templates
- Use Email on Demand (notifications)
- Design Business Rules for custom modules
- Create forms using the Dynamic Form Transformation feature
- Describe the features and capabilities of the BMC SDE Integration Engine
- Create and view surveys
- Import data using LDAP
- Define Service Level Management
- Import and export packages
- Configure Self Service Help Desk
- Code: RSMG-SDA2-0980
- Product: BMC Service Desk Express 9.8
- Delivery: Instructor-Led Classroom (ILC) and Instructor-Led Online (ILO)
- Duration: Five days
- Target Audience: This is an advanced course designed exclusively for experienced system administrators, group administrators, and implementation staff. It is not suitable for end users of the application.
- BMC Service Desk Express 9.x: Using (WBT)
- BMC Service Desk Express 9.x: Administering – Part 1 (WBT)
- Basic understanding of relational database concepts
To learn how Column's BMC Service Desk Express training can improve performance while reducing costs and risk, you can contact a Column office, have Column contact you, or chat with a Column representative.