BMC BladeLogic 7.5: Foundation and Reporting - Part 2
About BMC BladeLogic 7.5: Foundation and Reporting - Part 2 Training
This course is designed for BMC BladeLogic administrators and users responsible for implementing and managing client/server business applications, ensuring compliance with company or government policies related to Configuration Management, and managing content on servers.
Participants learn how to automate and simplify server configuration management tasks with the BMC BladeLogic Operations Manager Suite. Learners will benefit from in-depth presentations and demonstrations from expert instructors, and hands-on lab exercises in a virtual BMC BladeLogic environment that will provide the opportunity for practical application of the presented concepts, methods, and procedures.
This course is required to complete the BMC BladeLogic Learning Path.
- Review the BladeLogic architecture and capabilities
- Set up BladeLogic users and role-based access controls
- Create, import, and decommission server objects
- Use built-in and extended system object classes and properties to automate and simplify server configuration management tasks
- Create Snapshots to store important server assets for use in auditing
- Analyze servers for patch compliance and add rules to an existing component to enable testing for compliance
- Audit multiple servers and applications to ensure compliance with company and/or government policies
- Remediate compliance exceptions and audit remediation results
- Use the BladeLogic Configuration Manager console to create BLPackages to deploy content, configuration changes, and applications on remote servers
- Perform patch management
- Employ stack provisioning by installing multiple applications and configuration changes in sequence
- Troubleshoot software deployments
- Write simple Network Shell and BLCLI scripts that will set a property value on a BladeLogic System Object, and execute an existing job
- Use the BMC Service Automation and Reporting Analytics product to perform BMC BladeLogic reporting
- Use Role Based Access Control (RBAC) Manager to:
- Assign object permissions, create roles and users, and define custom roles
- Grant Server Object Access through Components
- Create and manage authorized profiles and manage server ACLs
- Create command and system authorizations
- Remove NSH Role Access
- Code: RSMG-BLFD-0750
- Product: BMC BladeLogic 7.5
- Delivery: Instructor Led Training (ILT), Instructor Led Online Training (ILO)
- Duration: Five days
- Target Audience:
- Product users
- System Administrators
- Network engineering personnel, compliance engineers for server and network security
- Operations teams for platform support, application support, Help Desk, and Network Operations Centers (NOCs)
- Other IT professionals
- Students should have a basic understanding of UNIX and Microsoft Windows operating systems, relational databases, network and application server administration, and client-server application deployment.
- BMC BladeLogic 7.5: Foundation - Part 1
To learn how Column's BMC BladeLogic 7.5 training can improve performance while reducing costs and risk, you can contact a Column office, have Column contact you, or chat with a Column representative.