BMC BladeLogic 7.5: Foundation - Part 1 (WBT)
About BMC BladeLogic 7.5: Foundation - Part 1 Training
The BMC BladeLogic 7.5: Foundation – Part 1 online course introduces students to the core components that comprise the BMC BladeLogic environment and the user interface used to provide end-user functionality. Through examples, students learn about key benefits and features of the BladeLogic 7.5 suite.
Students are also introduced to the technology and concepts that drive the BMC BladeLogic solution, including IT Infrastructure Library® (ITIL®) best practices, and related concepts associated with the practice of Business Service Management (BSM) disciplines. Students will learn about the architecture of the BMC BladeLogic solution, and concepts and terminology relating to product functionality.
After completing the course, students will be will be prepared to take part in the BMC BladeLogic 7.5: Foundation – Part 2 instructor-led course. This course is required to complete the BMC BladeLogic Learning Path.
- Explain the ITIL Change and Configuration Management processes, and their relationship to Business Service Management and the BMC BladeLogic solution
- Identify key features and benefits of the BMC BladeLogic solution
- Describe the architecture of the BMC BladeLogic solution, and the relationships of the various solution components to product functionality
- Define terminology related to performing data center automation and Configuration Management using the BMC BladeLogic solution
- Describe the five categories of BladeLogic System Objects, and the purpose of each
- Describe the types of data center automation jobs that can be created and scheduled using the BMC BladeLogic Configuration Manager, and their purpose
- Access and use BMC BladeLogic end-user tools
- Use the BladeLogic Configuration Manager console to define security polices
- Create and manage BladeLogic users
- Manage and organize system objects using smart groups and folders
- Define properties for system objects
- Create and manage job objects
- Import servers into the BladeLogic configuration Manager console
- Perform common management functions on servers
- Code: RSMG-BLIW-0750
- Product: BMC BladeLogic 7.5
- Delivery: Web Based Training (WBT)
- Duration: Four hours
- Target Audience: Administrators and developers
- Prerequisites: Students should have a basic understanding of UNIX and Microsoft Windows operating systems, relational databases, network and application server administration, and client-server application deployment.
To learn how Column's BMC BladeLogic training can improve performance while reducing costs and risk, you can contact a Column office, have Column contact you, or chat with a Column representative.