BMC Configuration Automation for Networks
About BMC Configuration Automation for Networks
BMC Configuration Automation for Networks is a network change and configuration management (NCCM) tool that eliminates repetitive, time-consuming, manual configuration processes. It simplifies release and change management, audits network wide changes, and automates back-out procedures. It supports all core network devices – routers, switches, firewalls, wireless, access point, load balancers, etc. – regardless of the device vendor.
Key Benefits of BMC Configuration Automation for Networks
- Instantly provides the who, what, where, and when of planned, unplanned, and unauthorized network changes
- Enables quick and non-disruptive configuration changes, including rollback
- Proactively correlates network outages with recent changes to identify possible impact and reduce mean time to repair
- Audits and enforces configuration standards, such as those around security, performance, and routing
- Simplifies the implementation of mass change requests in a multi-vendor network environment
- Automates network change management processes through integration with BMC Remedy Change Management
- Eliminates the number one cause of network outages – erroneous configuration changes
- Reduces operational costs by up to 80 percent through automation and one-click rollback procedures
- Ensures continuous compliance with internal best practices and regulatory standards
To learn how BMC Configuration Automation for Networks can improve performance while reducing costs and risk, you can contact a Column office, have Column contact you, or chat with a Column representative.