When left unmanaged, IT change can introduce security threats, regulatory compliance issues and bring the business to a halt, not to mention the pain it causes for your IT organization.
To implement changes in a secure, efficient and effective manager while maintaining control over your IT environment you need standardized methods and procedures that will help you:
- Track where and when change occurs
- Automate processes to reduce errors and enforce adherence
- Control who can implement change and when change can occur
- Approve changes before they are implemented in the production environment
- Report on change activity over time
With FootPrints® Change Manager you can automate, manage, control and report on change and approvals based on your business processes. Even approvals, which are often a major obstacle to delivering change on time, are seamless and automated with greater efficiency via email, web browser or mobile devices.
Secure, Efficient Solution
Leveraging the powerful data capture, reporting and impact analysis of FootPrints Change Manager, you have the information you need to make critical decisions and reduce the risk associated with change in your IT environment. As your organizational and business processes evolve, FootPrints Change Manager can evolve with you. Fields, forms, reports and even process workflows are easily customizable via web-based administration tools.
- Implement changes to adhere to government and industry regulations
- Quickly identify and react to unauthorized changes
- Seamlessly implement changes without negatively impacting business productivity
Reduce Risk with Automated Approval Process
FootPrints Change Manager enables you to easily customize the change management approval process with no programming. When a change occurs, approvers are automatically notified of the change and that they must approve or reject the change. Project administrators can designate different approvers for different stages in the approval process, enabling an orderly and efficient method for collecting approvals while expediting the process.
Audit and Report on Change to Demonstrate Compliance
FootPrints Change Manger enables you to easily produce reports on change schedules, projected service outages and other data and trends required to make critical real-time decisions while enabling strategic planning.
The BMC FootPrints® family of solutions and products
FootPrints Change Manager is part of our family of FootPrints products and FootPrints Solutions for IT Lifecycle and IT Service Management. Built from the ground-up as a modular yet integrated system, FootPrints products can be purchased separately or as part of our broader FootPrints Solutions including Service Management, Service Desk, Lifecycle Management, Desktop Management and Security & Compliance.
Try FootPrints Change Manager!
Experience FootPrints Change Manager first-hand and see how it will meet your specific needs. Request your 30-day fully-functional evaluation today.
To learn how IT management can mitigate risk, lower IT costs, and ensure compliance contact a Column office, have Column contact you, or chat with a Column representative.
- BMC FootPrints
- FootPrints Asset Core Datasheet
- How to Leverage IT Service Management for Business Process Automation
- Why IT Support Should Embrace Social Media
- The Case for Integrated IT Service & Asset Management
- How IT Can Really Get Down to Business
- How to Adopt ITIL at a Pace that Works for Your Business
- FootPrints Family Datasheet
- Why You Need an Automated Asset Management Solution