BMC BladeLogic Application Release Manager
BMC BladeLogic Application Release Manager enables IT organizations to automate application updates, resulting in shortened release cycles, application configuration alignment, and automated updates across groups.
Users can ensure server and application configurations are consistent across environments by tracking application compliance in each environment against a distributed application policy model. All deployment actions can be authorized based on user roles, ensuring appropriate user access. If necessary, deployments can be rolled back easily.
Application deployments can also be automated, even for deployments with complex, multi-tier changes, such as sequenced updates of web, application, and database servers.
BMC BladeLogic customers have lowered their operating costs by using Application Release Manager to automate:
- Definitions for multiple application deployment environments such as Dev, QA, Staging, and Production
- A definition for application builds via a packaging approach that supports native formats, customized formats, and the ability to parameterize properties for multiple disparate target environments.
- Packaging application updates for custom, .Net, and J2EE applications
- Definition of roles and profiles associated with various application environments to allow security and consistency of application builds during rollouts and rollbacks
- Application release management process and associated workflows from pre-production to production environments
- Defining application release environments and promotion rules for multi-tenant applications
To learn how BMC BladeLogic Application Release Manager can improve performance while reducing costs and risk, you can contact a Column office, have Column contact you, or chat with a Column representative.