BMC AppSight Application Problem Resolution
BMC AppSight Application Problem Resolution System optimizes application development by automating key problem resolution processes during development, testing, and maintenance.
Record application execution and capture a synchronized, real-time log of user actions, system events, performance metrics, configuration data, and code execution flow.
Using patented technology similar to an airplane’s “black box” flight recorder, this unique product:
- Automates application problem resolution during development, testing, deployment, and production support
- Captures complete user activity through fully-synchronized, DVD-like “screen captures” that include key strokes, mouse clicks, and more
- Tracks all system events, configuration data, and code execution flow on Windows, .NET, and Java EE platforms
- Performs end-to-end transaction (individual transaction execution breakdown) and performance (component execution time) analysis
- Integrates with service desk and defect tracking tools for streamlined communication of captured problem information
By using this product to automate and accelerate application problem resolution, you will:
- Diagnose the actual problem the first time — and not just reproduce the symptom
- Eliminate the need for a categorization step since you no longer have to know problem type before starting resolution
- Eliminate the need to recreate the environment and reproduce the exact symptoms that caused the problem
- Reduce staffing requirements for development projects by increasing developer efficiency
- Minimize defects by conducting more rigorous testing and fixing previously “irreproducible” defects
- Improve efficiency by reducing the time testers spend documenting defects
To learn how BMC AppSight Application Problem Resolution System can improve performance while reducing costs and risk, you can contact a Column office, have Column contact you, or chat with a Column representative.