BMC Atrium CMDB 7.5: Administering - Part 2
BMC Atrium CMDB 7.5: Administering – Part 2 extends the concepts that were introduced in Part 1. Students will learn how the Atrium product enables the ITIL® Configuration Management process to function at its optimum level.
The course is structured using a real-world case study that represents typical issues Configuration Managers deal with as they begin to implement the Configuration Management Process using BMC Atrium. The course will take the student from the initial stages of planning the implementation of the Atrium CMDB to a complete implementation.
The student will learn best practices for modifying the Common Data Model (CDM), collecting the data, and merging the collected data into a production CMDB. The student will also learn how to integrate the Atrium CMDB with other BMC ITSM products and how to perform basic maintenance activities.
- Describe the goals of configuration management
- Describe the CMDB Environment
- Navigate the BMC Atrium Core Console
- Integrate Data Providers with the CMDB
- Use the Reconciliation Engine to ensure the CMDB data is accurate
- Use the Product Log and the Normalization Engine
- Create federated links to data sources outside of BMC Remedy AR System
- Use Business Service tools to simulate and manage change in your environment
- Secure the CMDB to ensure integrity and availability
- Code: RSMG-ACM2-0270
- Product: BMC Atrium CMDB 7.5
- Delivery: Instructor Led Training (ILT)
- Duration: Five days
- Target Audience:
- Configuration Managers
- CMDB Administrators
- CMDB Application Developers